Indian Army GD Eligibility, Selection Process Age, Height, Chest selection process Indian Army is also known as ” Thal Sena” is the biggest territorial defense system of our country. The vast number of youth from different regions of the country are always ready for the recruitment exams to join the Indian Army.
Table of Contents
What Is The Eligibility For Indian Army GD, Selection Process, And Physical Criteria?
In process of getting eligible for the Indian Army GD, the following qualification and physical requirements are needed. But in this blog, we have given details of male GD eligibility for female GD eligibility you need to check the official website of the Indian Army.
- If you have dreams to be in Army GD you need to have a matriculation certificate. This means you have to pass class 10thwith at least 33 marks out of 100 in each subject and a total of 45% to be eligible for the GD in Indian Army. So one needs to clear all five subjects, and if you have six subjects best five will be counted and you are eligible to apply for the post.
- Age requirements:To be an eligible candidates must be between ages 17 ½ to 21 years old, as mentioned in their original documents like the Date of birth certificate, or 10th When a recruitment notification is given for a particular district or region, candidates can check with the notification given for the date of birth, if their birth date falls within the given notification. For them to be eligible for the recruitment process.
- Nationality requirements:To maintain Integrity, the Army has kept a few criteria for the nationality to join the Indian Army from the same or different countries. They are as follows;
- All Indian candidates are eligible to join the Army GD if they are qualifying the eligibility criteria of age and educational qualification.
- Youth applying from Nepal and Bhutan can join with a proper certificate issued by the Indian Government in favor of them. However Nepalese who are subjected to Gorkha are not required to give nationality certificates.
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1962 and are permanently living in India can join.
- Citizens who migrated from Sri Lanka, East African countries Kenya, Uganda, Burma, Zambia, Ethiopia, and are settled permanently in India can join.
- Martial Status: An unmarried male having the above qualification, age, and physically fit can join.
- Physical eligibility requirements: In the process of selecting the best and strong candidates, the Army has laid down a few physical criteria as follows;
- Height: The criteria of height is different for the different regions from where the candidate belongs, especially for Gorkha some relaxation is given by the Army due to their natural buildup. So from the table given below, you can check for the height of different regions kept by the Army selection team.
- Chest: Minimum requirement for the chest is 77cm plus 5cm after expansion.
- Weight: It should be in proportion to the candidate’s age and height and build. The minimum required weight is between 48 to 50 kg.
Selection Process for GD
Candidates who can qualify the criteria of selection, need to go through the further selection process. During the process of selection, selected individuals will go through the different tests;
- Physical Fitness Test
- Physical Measurement Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
- Written Exam
- Physical Fitness test:Is for the candidates who are eligible for the GD selection process it includes the following test;
1.6 Km Running
9 Fit Ditch Jump
Read Also : Indian Army Height Weight Chest Chart 2022
Physical Measurement Test:
|GD & TDN Height (Cms)
|Tech & NA Height (Cms)
|Clerk/SKT Height (Cms)
|Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter-State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar, and Chandigarh), Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand)
|Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, and Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling, and Kalimpong Districts)
|Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Delhi, Rajasthan, and western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division)
|Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand, and Orissa
|Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman, and Diu
|Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, and Puducherry
Relaxation In Physical Standards :
|Sons of Servicemen(SOS) / Ex-Servicemen (SOEX)/ War Widows(SOWW) / Widows of Ex-Servicemen.
|Adopted son/son–in–law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen
|Sportsmen who have represented National / State level having secured 1st / 2nd Position in last two years.
|Sportsman who has represented India at the international level or state at National Level.
- Medical Examination: This will be done for those candidates who have passed the physical test. So you need to clean all your body parts thoroughly for the medical test like ear wax needs to be removed, dental cavities should be filled or treated properly. As in a medical test your eyes, ears, mouth, and another physical body examination for the flat foot is done.
- Written Exams: Those who qualify for medical tests are given admit cards for the written exams. So the candidate needs to pass the exams with a minimum of 32 marks out of 100 but to get on the merit list with a good score you need to pass all the tests with good marks.
Last but not least one should be physically and mentally fit before you apply for the Indian Army GD as you will be tested both physically and mentally at every level before you become part of the biggest defense system in the entire country. So keep checking the official website for all the latest news and updates.