Happy Women’s Day 2022 Wishes Status Line Quotes, Women’s Day Gif Images Photos International Women’s Day: March 8 is observed in the year of International Women’s Day every year. The political, social as well as economic accomplishments of women are recognized on this day worldwide. Colleges and schools commemorate this day by holding public speeches, debates, lectures, quiz competitions rallyings, exhibitions workshops and seminars on topics and concepts related to women.
Table of Contents
International Women’s Day: History And Significance International Women’s Day, as we all know, has a lot of significance in the current period. Did you know, though, that the day has been commemorated since the early 1900s. In 1908, a total of 15,000 women staged a march through New York City, demanding better wages, shorter labour hours, and the rights to vote.
On February 28, National Women’s Day was commemorated for the first time in the United States. Until 1913, the day was observed on the last Sunday of February.
On March 19, 1911, countries such as Austria, Denmark, Germany, and Switzerland recognised International Women’s Day.
On February 23, the eve of World War I and the last Sunday of February, Russian women celebrated their first International Women’s Day. Soon after, it was decided that International Women’s Day would be observed annually on March 8 as per the Gregorian calendar. The day has been celebrated with fervour all across the world since then. In 1975, the United Nations observed the first International Women’s Day. The United Nations’ first annual theme, “Celebrating the Past, Planning for the Future,” was announced in 1996. However, “Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow” is the theme for International Women’s Day 2022.
Happy Women’s Day FB Status Line Quotes 2022
Based on IWD Community, an online community designed to increase awareness of gender discrimination The topic for the season’s Women’s Day is “ChooseToChallenge” which is a call to action for the people around you to act against gender inequality. The theme is a sign that “a challenging the world is a more alert one.”
The origins for International Women’s Day lie in the labor movement of the 1800s. German Marxist theorist Clara Zetkin organized the first-ever Women’s Day celebration in 1911.
- Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess, because just like the game of chess- the queen protects the king. Happy Women’s Day
- “The path from dreams to success does exist.”- Kalpana Chawla
- When you are not by my side my life seems so empty. May we never part. Happy Women’s Day!
- “Give me good mothers and I will give you a good nation.”- Napoleon BonaparteHere
- Equal rights are not special rights. Happy International Women’s Day
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.”- Helen Keller
- Girls with dreams become women with vision. Happy Women’s Day
- “Freedom cannot be achieved unless the women have been emancipated from all forms of oppression.”- Nelson Mandela
- No matter from which angle I look at you, you appear to be an angel, and Women’s Day is the perfect to say: I am so lucky to have you in my life.
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life. Not the victim.”- Nora Ephron
Happy Women’s Day Gif Images Photos 2022 | Happy Women’s Day HD Images Wallpapers
The world on Monday, March 8, is the day to celebrate International Women’s day. It is a day when we recognize the accomplishments of women across the world in diverse areas of life, including cultural, economic, social and political. Also, it is important in that it calls for actions to increase gender equality.
If you’re feeling the same that you do, but aren’t finding the appropriate words to wish your women loved ones a Happy Women’s Day’ then we can assist you. Here are some of the most appropriate wishes, quotes and pictures to share with your friends on International Women’s Day.